Selling your home can be a very emotional and anxious time. Whether you are moving up or moving down, you are moving on to someplace new and leaving behind a part of you.
The huge bathroom that you fell in love with even before you bought your home became filled with wonderful memories of fun and joyous bath times with the kids, and not so fun or joyous bath times with the dog. Don’t let that bathroom or any other room in your home become your selling nightmare. A pre-sale home inspection can help you identify and address issues that could become red flags in the eyes of potential buyers.
Potential buyers may decide to look elsewhere once unresolved issues surface. Even if you agree to remedy the issues, buyers may no longer be comfortable buying your home, or you may end up spending money you hadn’t planned on spending without being able to reflect those improvements in your asking price.
Can you find the problems?
- Loose toilet bowl. A loose toilet often has a deformed wax seal which allows wastewater to seep out. This could lead to damage under the toilet.
- Loose tiles around shower. Loose tiles around a shower will allow water to seep beneath or behind them, often causing damage to the wall and floor.
- The window doesn’t close properly. A properly closing window will likely reduce your energy bill and is also important for home security.
- Slow sink drain. A slow sink drain is often caused by hair or debris on the stopper mechanism or in the trap. It could also be a symptom of a more serious drain system defect.
- Leaking toilet shut-off valve. All plumbing leaks should be repaired promptly. Short-term leaks can mar surface finishes; long-term leaks can cause structural damage.
Our home inspectors find the problems
As Wisconsin’s oldest pre-purchase home inspection company, we’ve completed over 35,000 home inspections over the past 35 years. Our home inspections aren’t limited to just buyers in a pre-purchase position, but can prove valuable to sellers in a pre-sale position as well. We’ll provide you with a thorough, fair and unbiased inspection you can trust, because your investment shouldn’t go down the drain due to problems you could have resolved.
Please call (262) 782-1230 today. We’ll be happy to answer all your home inspection questions.